Saturday, June 2, 2012

"Our Feet Are Older..."

For our last morning here on the island, we decided to hit the beach one last time. After taking some pics of the kids splashing around for a bit, we took one final stroll along the shore. On the way back, Eden, our little 8 year old daughter, wondered why her feet hurt while walking on the shells and ours didn't. As Eric explained to her that "our feet were older and had walked on much more than hers have",I had a deep moment for a second. For the believer in Jesus who day after day puts their trust in Him in all things, choosing to believe He knows best, those shells are trials in life; some pretty small and unnoticeable, and others big, rough and sharp around the edges. As our feet continue to walk forward in trials trusting Jesus will not only bring us through them, but He's making our feet to look more like His, even better, our character more like His. The more shells these feet walk upon, no matter the size or lack of mercy they have on my soles or heels, the goal is for my feet to be weathered in such a way, that my eyes stay fixed ahead on Him who has walked before me. Lord, this is my prayer, that I would walk forward in suffering knowing You have a GOOD purpose for that trial. You love me and desire that I look more like You to bring You glory in this lifetime, while getting ready for the next. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment