Friday, November 9, 2012

Zero to Sixty in two seconds...

The Heart of the Matter

So, lately, I've been basking in the Lord's word and loving what I'm learning. Learning that because Christ died for me and has conquered death on my behalf, making me one with Him, I can die to myself and freedoms for the sake of others growing in His love. Learning not to put my liberties on a pedestal but set them down them for the glory of His INCREDIBLE name and for the good of others (Romans 14 & 15). After all, who am I anyway to deserve any of this? I am adopted by God through His Son Jesus and the very fact that I have another breath on this planet, another heart beat vibrating through my chest, another day of waking up to His new and glorious mercies is HIS VERY GRACE in my life... GRACE UNDESERVED!!!  So, I'm thankful for His love, patience, kindness, gentleness, mercy, holiness, righteousness and every other "ness" you can think of that He offers. Also, thankful that I am a work, His work, in progress and that I will be finished by Him one day. Thankful that I do not have to grow zero to sixty in 2 seconds.

Nitty Gritty

That zero to sixty in 2 seconds is happening though.  We are mailing our I800a form out to the USCIS (U.S. Citizen & Immigration Services) on Monday and then will have a 6-9 week waiting for approval period. According to our social worker this is the longest waiting period we'll have for the remainder of our adoption process. Kinda scary, not gonna lie! During this waiting time, we'll be getting our Dossier (collection or file of documents on the same subject, especially complete file containing detailed information about a person or topic) prepared for the country of Colombia so they can then send us profiles of children that are in our criteria. HOLY NIGHT, WHAT JUST HAPPENED? Anyway, we are super excited and prayerfully anticipating God's hand continuing to lead and provide. 

Our family is planning to leave for Portland and Bangor Maine around Christmas to spend some time with family up there, teach, lead music and prayerfully raise some extra resources for our family to be:) Please continue to pray for us as we move forward and quite rapidly from here on out. We've been told that the clock has started ticking and our adoption process now has time sensitive steps involved. Again, while we don't know what all this means, we are trusting in our Great Lord and Savior who does. 

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you guys!! We're continuing to life you up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweet lady! We really appreciate your prayers and trust in Him timing and provision as He sees fit.

    ReplyDelete